Bygone Love


Well, I tried
Tried my best to be
Your better half
But perhaps I was too broken
Or you were too impatient
That our love didn’t last

Words could have been sweeter
No regret can erase this past
You said you were done
Left me no choice
When you shut the door

Forever became barely a year
Promises became empty words
Tears replaced the smiles
Trust was lost
Hearts were broken

Maybe I don’t want to be sorry
Always or anymore
Maybe I don’t want to be the one
Who drove you away
It was you who chose
To abandon

I burnt your gifts
And I will burn your memories too
That’s me moving on
Our end is welcoming me
to a new beginning

I will survive dear
Without you
Happier perhaps
With no more tears!

Hope you find
What you are looking for
In some other girl
I was supposed to be special
But there will always be someone better

Clutch tight to that ego of yours
The very one I hurt
Stroke it, kiss it, worship it
Because I no longer will!

Yes, now I am done
My heart was abused enough
Burnt by my own sincerity
Let me rise from these ashes
Wiser and free!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Night Shift Unheard Of

ELECTRONIC LOVE

Butterfly, Fly Away!