The Girl in The Mirror


In the qualms of darkness

I seek that distant dot of light

Not a ray of hope, it would be too bright


Just that light at the end of the tunnel

Whispering the promise of “It’s gonna be okay”

Rendering a fleeting hope of reviving me any day


If only I could fast forward to that future

When the insufferable present is lost

In the forgotten realms of the past


When this loneliness & emptiness make way

To unfurl the indomitable me

When the scars in my heart decide to set me free


I look forward to that day, however long it takes

Each second with bated breath I shall wait

When miracles of my own, I can create


Now…

“Just stand up and fight”, I say

To the girl in the mirror looking full of dismay


“Wipe those tears, coz no one else will

You are on your own, fight you have to still

There is air in your lungs & blood in your vein

Your limbs are strong, you have a heart & a brain

Dispel the darkness of your doom

It’s time for some joy to make room

You will be fine as long as you fight

Don’t give up on doing what’s right

You have no idea how strong you can be

It’s your duty to yourself, to be happy

So write it all down and let all the pain go

Adrift in the passage of time, memories will flow

Further and further away till they are no more

A new joyful life will soon be in store

It’s up to you how soon you pave the way

To a happier you and a happier day

Sooner or later when things go awry

Look back at the past as your old ally

For it was once a formidable foe

But you conquered over all that sorrow

Look back at all the battles you have won

Choices & promises that you didn’t abandon

You and only you were that brave

To arise from the pit that seemed like a grave

That ray of hope has always been you

Set it ablaze again, without ado

Seek the strength that’s deep inside

No matter if no one is by your side”


I touch the mirror then to be hand-in-hand

With the girl who, with me, will always stand

We both smile lovingly at each other

Reminiscing all our woes together

And then she speaks loud and clear,

“I am always here for you my dear

Look again at the mirror, you are a Queen

In your own eyes first, let your worth be seen

Let the mirror reflect the poise of your being

The passion in your eyes, the fire burning

The pain fades away to bring forth a smile

Heart-broken yet lovely still to beguile

How can you not see your own beauty?

Silly girl, in and out you are so pretty!”


“Thank you”, I reply shyly

How sweet was she to think of me so highly

I pause to think for a while

How easily she could make me smile

Well that’s all it takes, doesn’t it?

To be hopeful and not quit

One compliment and a few words of praise

The dark clouds of doubt they swiftly erase

So be kind to yourself and to those around

Their troubles and worries may be profound

Let cheer, delight and glee freely spread

The path to happiness need only be tread

That pit of darkness buried forever

Only peace and joy left to savour

I emerge thus victorious over my demons

A new me full of hopes and aspirations

As I turn my back and walk in a new direction

I’m no longer alone, I have my reflection











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Night Shift Unheard Of

ELECTRONIC LOVE

Butterfly, Fly Away!