Spectacles


He said to me
“Sometimes I take off my specs, you see
And without them on, I have no clue
That the person waving at me is you!”

“So if I don’t wave back or smile
Don’t think I have any attitude or style
And please please don’t you mind
Don’t judge me as impolite and unkind”

I replied smiling bright,
“Don’t you worry! It’s quite alright!
Now that you have explained
I wouldn’t mind again!”

“Maybe next time I will say ‘Hey!’
And wave wildly all the way
So that you hear me at least
Don’t wear specs for me, I insist!”

And so the misunderstanding was cleared
He didn’t overlook me as I had feared
Just that it was me, he was unaware
Coz of the spectacles he didn’t wear

But why did he clarify this now?
I liked him, did he come to know somehow?
Is that why he needed to make sure
That no hurt feelings I should endure?!

Or was it an excuse to really ignore?
Pretending to not see me any more
No smiles to exchange, no twinkling eyes
Ignorance is easier than breaking all ties!

I was thus suspicious, I have to admit
Innocence of heart, the brain doesn’t permit
Wary of the past, every single betrayal
Scars remain of the traumas so brutal

But trust comes easily when the heart is true
This fondness is hard to construe
The similarities, the sync feels so beautiful
Whoever said 'Like repels' is a fool!

And so I gamble every gaze
Beaming whenever a 'Hi' he says
But then, to see and not be seen
Oh! How it rattles me within!

Dreamy moments are lost unless
He wears his eyeglasses
And so when he has them on
What an incredible feeling is borne!

Like seasons changing within a year
Alas! The fervor starts to disappear
What was love, soon becomes war
To look at him, I now abhor

His familiar eyes now seemed strange
His cold look has the power to derange
To be seen and shrugged off as unseen
It pricks everytime he acts this mean!

The apathy is so evident on his face
The smile is wiped off, has left no trace
His specs no longer makes any difference
All that's left is indifference!

Again another stab to the heart I bear
My crushed soul is in absolute despair
Oh! Why do I always trust and get close?
When I know they will leave me in remorse?!

Repenting in shame
I have no one to blame
But my foolish heart
"God, make me smart!"

Wounded, nursing my pain
I struggle to move on in vain
Coz every time our eyes meet
I'm reminded of his deceit!

Today when he crossed my way
He had his specs on, but I looked away
And then the thought came to mind...
What if MY spectacles is nowhere to find?!!!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Night Shift Unheard Of

ELECTRONIC LOVE

Tears Lost In The Rain