Velleity on the shooting star






Plunging to the horizon, a mere spark
Fugacious sparkle illuminating the dark
Born in the void, an alien from afar
I am what you hoped for…a shooting star

Millions marveling at the night sky
Wish upon me, quickly, before I die
But can I fulfill your wish, your velleity?
I am, after all, unlike a deity

Divulging desires deep in your mind
Dreams unleashed, no more confined
Don’t you realize you put me in a tight spot?
I am weighed down by every wishful thought

A man, a woman, an elder and a child
All whispering wishes, rational or wild
But your destiny shouldn’t you only find?
I am thus forbidden to serve mankind

Beguiling belief of a wish coming true
Invokes insatiable greed that’s undue
Wish not blindly, open your eyes wide
I am, you see, not your free ride

Forgo your wants, then fortune will smile
Little things bring joy, make life worthwhile
Spare some time to watch my beauty unfold
I am nature’s gift, a sight to behold

Plummeting down the clouds high and low
My evanescence is fateful, there’s no morrow
Engulfed in flames burning so bright
I am doomed to die outright

Breath of your life swiftly chokes away mine
What set me ablaze, soon douses my shine
Fleeting stardom has lured me to my end
I was nothing but a rock, why did I pretend?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Night Shift Unheard Of

ELECTRONIC LOVE

Tears Lost In The Rain