I am Teesta



I am Teesta river, O' tourist do you see?
I flow in Sikkim, he was built around me
Twisting and turning, I follow you around
Isn't my gurgling water the most pleasant sound?

From the glaciers of the Himalayas I am born
I am the anklet that the foot of the hills adorn
From high up the mountains to the valley down below
I dance, I bounce, I play and I splash as I flow!

The rocks and pebbles are my childhood friends
I tag them and run away, our game never ends
Too heavy to move, the rocks grumble and frown
I giggle as the pebbles chase me but soon drown

Young men and women want to play along
They join me in a raft and burst headlong
I take them in a bumpy ride, quite full of thrill
Be wary, I am boisterous, forgive me if I kill!

Like a young maiden, I wear ornaments that I make
The glistening grains of sand from the stones that I break
The milky white froth and iridescent bubbles of air
Are much like the flowers bedecking her hair!

Soon I grow broader, now so full of life
From tiny fish, to weeds and all things that thrive
Need my water that's pure, crystal and clear
Like a mother's love for her children so dear

Quieter and wiser, I grow gracefully old
Fulfilling my destiny of granting life in this cold
Cherished by all, humble I will be
But without the Teesta, O' tourist what would you see?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Night Shift Unheard Of

ELECTRONIC LOVE

Tears Lost In The Rain